Social and wellbeing
The health and wellbeing of our colleagues is important to ensure a happy and fulfilled workforce. We have a range of wellbeing arrangements and activities to help support everyone achieve a positive work life balance.
To support your wellbeing we have additional resources for our staff. These include:
- one to one support from HR and our Workforce Development team
- a free and confidential counselling service available
- a range of wellbeing coaching, webinars and training courses
Mental Health Champions
We also have a number of Mental Health champions, who are colleagues who have volunteered to help support and share information to promote good mental health for all. They’re not trained counsellors or clinical metal health professionals. Their role is to:
- be a role model for positive mental health and share information
- ensure mental health implications are considered in our workplace
- challenge and report mental health stigma in the workplace (where appropriate)
Join our lunchtime walking groups for regular daily walks from a number of our sites.
There are regular lunchtime yoga classes at our main office, led by a qualified yoga teacher.
We have a number of running groups for different abilities, whether you’re a beginner or an experienced runner. We support the #RunAndTalk initiative, where the emphasis is on running, or walking at a pace that allows you to chat. We also regularly organise ‘Couch to 5k’ courses to help complete beginners get active.
We provide a range of services and facilities for cyclists of all abilities and to encourage staff to get on a bike. Options include:
- Pool bikes – both electric and pushbikes available for staff to use for business travel
- Cycle to work scheme – enables you to obtain a bike and/or cycling accessories under a loan agreement. You pay for the loan from your salary saving on tax and National Insurance savings
- Cycle training – If you’re new or returning to cycling and would like help to gain confidence, we can provide you with cycle training. Instructors are available for either one-to-one or group tuition
- On site bike servicing sessions – safety checks, minor repairs and adjustments in 30 minutes on some of our sites
Yammer is our internal social network platform where you can find out and share information, best practice or just celebrate each other achievements. Groups include:
- Trade it – selling unwanted items
- Reduce, re-use, recycle – unwanted items others could use
- Staff news – sharing news on charity activities, weddings and retirements
- Green fingers – sharing gardening tips and findings
- Picture this – sharing photographs taken
Follow us on: